I'm Sorry I Am Just Now Speaking Up


I normally don’t say anything when shootings happen. I keep to myself. I’d rather not be involved in any battles over second amendment rights. I do have an opinion and that opinion is; there should be gun and ammunition control. 

I want to apologize to the victims and their families in Connecticut and Portland, Oregon and Aurora, Colorado and…well to everyone that has lost a loved one in a shooting. 

I’m sorry. 
I’m sorry I haven’t spoken up before now. 
I’m sorry I allowed myself to be intimidated by the NRA. I’m sorry I have allowed myself to be intimidated by gun toting second amendment fanatics. I have to be honest that it scares me when I hear them say, “Go ahead and try to take my guns. I’ve been itching for an excuse to use my second amendment rights”. 

I hear that and I read that every time a shooting happens and I back off because I believe them. I have met some of these people before. I am even related to some of these people and I believe them when they say they will use their guns. 

I know they’re confused about the second amendment. The second amendment gives them the right to bear arms, but the second amendment does not give them the right to shoot and murder people at their discretion. There is a disconnect between what the second amendment actually says and what these people think it means. 

Civilized people do not want to get caught up in an argument with one of these crazies. And this is why, we the silent ones, at least partially, are to blame for the continued gun violence in America.

I also hear these people use this argument against gun control, “If someone really wants a gun, they’ll find a way to get one”. That’s true. People will find a way. 

So under that rational and logical thinking let’s do away with the drinking and driving laws. Because, hell if someone really wants to drink and drive they will find a way. 

Let’s get rid of these awful ‘don’t text and drive’ laws. People will be people and they will text and drive if they want to. 

While we’re at it, let’s forget about speed limits. People speed all the time and they have never killed anyone before. Stupid law.

Why do we even have a law against murdering one another? Apparently, if you really, really want to fucking kill someone you will find a fucking way. 

Here‘s what I think of your illogical excuse against gun control; it is the dumbest fucking thing I have ever heard. 

There are reasons we have these laws….because it deters people from doing these things. Lives have been saved because of these laws. Lives can be saved with stricter gun control. It is true that people break these laws and inevitably someone will loose their life due to gross negligence. However, there is not a good enough excuse not to have these laws in place. I enjoy living in a civilized society. A five year old should feel safe and be safe attending a kindergarten class and not worry about fucking getting killed. 

Fuck you and your second amendment rights. You want your guns? Fine, they’re safe under your fucking precious second amendment, but your ammunition is not.

A stricter gun and or ammunition regulation is the smart and right thing to do. I’m not saying a person can not own a firearm. What I am saying is; it should be harder to obtain them.

I have stayed out of this fight for far too long. And I am sorry I have not made my voice heard until now. We’re coming, and we’re coming today!

Comments