Notable Skeptic #2 Daniel Radcliffe


 Daniel Radcliffe is an English stage and film actor. He made his acting debut in BBC One’s David Copperfield. At age eleven Radcliffe was cast as Harry Potter. In 2007 he began to branch out to the stage where he performed in Equus in London and New York City. In 2011 he was cast in the Broadway revival of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.

During an interview with Esquire, while promoting the film Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, he said, “I’m an atheist, but I’m very relaxed about it. I don’t preach my atheism, but I have a huge amount of respect for people like Richard Dawkins who do…There we go, Dan, that’s half of America that’s not going to see the next Harry Potter film on the back of that comment.” ~
Telegraph

He told Attitude magazine, “I’m not religious, I’m an atheist, and a militant atheist when religion starts impacting on legislation.”



The Notable Skeptics series will range from celebrities, scientists, authors, etc. Some will be known on a smaller scale for the work they do for charities and their communities. All quotes or implications of skepticism will be referenced with a link. I will not claim anyone as a notable skeptic unless I have 100% verified facts. Some will be easier than others. I use the word "skeptic" to imply one or more of these terms; atheist, agnostic, humanist, secularist or non-religious.

Comments